Strategy Operations Director
San Francisco, CA
CircleUp is a technology company that leverages Helio, its own proprietary data aggregation and machine learning platform, to power each of its three business lines today – Equities, Credit, and a newly launched SaaS offering. CircleUp is bringing the data-driven revolution that occurred in the public markets to the private markets, starting with consumer & retail. Along with existing high-performing equity and credit funds, we are launching a brand new SaaS business for external customers, enabling better decision-making for investors, companies, retailers, and more. CircleUp’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive by giving them the capital and resources they need. By providing access to our insights externally, we plan to exponentially increase our impact on entrepreneurs.
We are seeking a Strategy Operations Lead to accelerate our velocity of strategic decision making and up-level our standards for operational excellence. This is an individual contributor role, with the potential for future team leadership as the organization grows. This person will work closely with the CEO and broader executive team to lead the early exploration, design and implementation of mission critical initiatives across the organization. This includes standing up strategic projects such as the investigation and launch of new business opportunities, as well as the implementation of operational improvements that enable our existing businesses to scale. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented, data-driven, collaborative, and eager to tackle ambiguous problems. Proven ability to translate high-level strategy into day-to-day operational execution is a must. The role will be extremely fast paced and responsibilities will constantly evolve.
CircleUp was recently honored as one of Fast Company's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Data Science and has been named a CB Insights FinTech 250, a Top 5 Most Disruptive Company in Finance by CNBC, and to the Forbes FinTech 50. Founded in 2012, CircleUp is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Union Square Ventures, GV, Canaan Partners, QED Advisors, and others.
- Work with C-suite to deliver on top company objectives through execution of strategic initiatives and development of operational best practices
- Lead the execution of high-level strategy through design and ownership of strategic projects as well as deep involvement in improving day-to-day operations
- Conduct research and solicit input from various stakeholders to provide thought leadership and formulate recommendations that enable leaders to make informed decisions and act quickly
- Drive cross-functional alignment and coordination among teams to stand up strategic projects with customer-focused business outcomes
- Optimize and manage corporate-level processes that enable accountability as we scale, including continued focus on quarterly OKRs, monthly business reviews, and annual planning
- Manage agenda and content for executive- and Board-level discussions; identify key strategic topics, prepare discussion materials, and establish and track action items and owners
- Support CEO and CFO in developing and delivering on internal communications strategy for key constituents, and in managing interactions with external stakeholders
Successful candidates will ideally possess:
- 6-8 years of total experience, ideally with experience in both management consulting and corporate operations at a well-regarded tech company
- Strong product or project management skills with an ability to identify problems and opportunities and take strategic ideas from conception to launch
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to influence a diversity of stakeholders at all levels internally and externally
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive buy-in and alignment across teams
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment
- Energized when making sense of chaos and handling urgent matters
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence; ability to coach others and clearly articulate insights cross-functionally and in executive- and Board-level presentations
- Ability to process information quickly, think analytically, and apply structure / frameworks to unstructured problems
- Dedication to metrics, operational efficiency, and process
- Familiarity with private investing, machine learning technology, CPG and/or SaaS industries, and SQL a plus
- MBA or advanced a plus
- Strong growth mindset and deep desire to grow both personally and professionally
- Proactive and organized self-starter who runs through walls to solve complex problems
- Exceptional integrity, highly intelligent and strong work ethic
- High degree of maturity and discretion, with ability to handle sensitive information
- The humility to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Passion for data-driven decision-making and creating impact at scale
- Persistence typically associated with being a founder. This trait will not only serve you well in building CircleUp but also in interacting with the founders we are here to serve.
All Open Positions
Principal Product Manager
We are looking for an entrepreneurial product leader to manage and own the evolution of our new SaaS based product. We’re looking for someone who thrives on solving hard ambiguous problems, and gets energized about the idea of disrupting an entire industry.
Senior Product Manager
Seeking a Product leader to help us scale our mission by disrupting how credit lending operates. We use data and insights previously unavailable in private markets to accelerate the pace of our lending deployment.
Helio Insights Lead
The Helio Insights Lead work closely with the Commercialization Manager and General Manager of Helio as well as the product & technical team to commercialize our data platform, Helio
Lead Data Quality Engineer
The Lead Data Quality Engineer will define, implement, and document CircleUp’s test strategy and best practices, including working closely with developers to write test cases for all new features
Credit Business Operations and Strategy Manager
Remote - SF Preferred
The Credit Business Operations and Strategy Manager who will own strategic projects and operations across the entire CircleUp Credit team.
Senior Staff Data Engineer
We are seeking a senior software engineer with data engineering experience to help develop the tools and applications needed to bring the data-driven revolution that has occurred in the public markets to the private markets.
Engagement Manager - Helio
San Francisco, CA
We are seeking an Engagement Manager to work directly with the General Manager of Helio and the product team to commercialize our investing platform, Helio.
Strategy Operations Director
San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a Strategy Operations Director to accelerate our velocity of strategic decision-making and uplevel our standards for operational excellence.
Head of Business Development & Partnerships, Insights
Remote / San Francisco
We are seeking our first sales hire for our new business unit, Insights. Come build something from the ground up!