Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
CircleUp harnesses the power of machine learning and predictive analytics to discover and evaluate some of the fastest-growing companies in the consumer & retail sector. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs to thrive by giving them the capital and resources they need, while empowering investors to transition away from a reliance on gut toward data-driven decisions.
Our data platform, Helio, is leveraged by investors to discover, evaluate, and understand the drivers behind successful CPG companies. We are seeking a software engineer with full stack web and data engineering experience to help develop the tools and applications needed to bring the data-driven revolution that has occurred in the public markets to the private markets. As a generalist engineer you will work across the stack and leverage the Helio data platform to complete projects such as scaling our application backend system, building the MVP user interface for investors to sort and filter companies, and building out new data pipelines. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally and hear feedback directly from investors as we iterate on the product through user testing.
CircleUp was recently honored as one of Fast Company's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Data Science and has been named a CB Insights FinTech 250, a Top 5 Most Disruptive Company in Finance by CNBC, and to the Forbes FinTech 50. Founded in 2012, CircleUp is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Union Square Ventures, GV, Canaan Partners, QED Advisors, and others
- End-to-end ownership of new tools and applications built on top of our data platform, ensuring scalability, responsiveness, and usability of the front-end and back-end components
- Work closely with the Helio Platform team to build out scalable data services that efficiently and reliably deliver data to external applications
- Contribute to the development of the data platform and bringing on new data sources when needed
- Work in a fast-paced Build-Test-Iterate cycle in order to quickly meet both technical and customer needs
- Design and implement tools to track and understand success metrics for new tools and applications
- 6+ years experience as a Software Engineer or similar role
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field
- Strong communication skills collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, data and ML engineers, data scientists, business teams, and customers
- Excellent software engineering skills and strong fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, system design, and big data concepts
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read! Even if you feel that you don't meet all of the requirements and qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to speak with those who share our passion to help entrepreneurs thrive - not just those who match every bullet point in our job descriptions.
CircleUp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage those who really want to make an impact to apply for our open positions.
All Open Positions
Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to help solve challenging entity resolution and knowledge graph problems.
Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
CircleUp is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help build performant and reliable data pipelines in service of machine learning and predictive analytics.