Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, Insights
San Francisco, CA
CircleUp harnesses the power of machine learning and predictive analytics to discover the fastest-growing companies in the consumer & retail sector. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs to thrive by giving them the capital and resources they need, while empowering investors to transition away from a reliance on gut toward data-driven decisions.
Our data platform, Helio, is leveraged internally by our investing teams today. We are seeking a full-stack software engineer to build the initial version of an externally-facing application to deliver Helio data insights to entrepreneurs. As a member of the Insights team, you will leverage Helio data and artifacts to build out a scalable data service layer, a web application backend, and a responsive front-end interface. The Insights application will display and visualize Helio insights to help entrepreneurs understand and tell the story of their company's performance. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally and hear feedback directly from entrepreneurs as we iterate on the product through user testing.
CircleUp was recently honored as one of Fast Company's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Data Science and has been named a CB Insights FinTech 250, a Top 5 Most Disruptive Company in Finance by CNBC, and to the Forbes FinTech 50. Founded in 2012, CircleUp is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Union Square Ventures, GV, Canaan Partners, QED Advisors, and others
- You will be responsible for end-to-end implementation of the initial Insights web application, ensuring scalability, responsiveness, and usability of the front-end and back-end components
- You will understand the use cases and limitations of the existing Helio data artifacts that are available today, and will work with engineering and product managers to specify requirements specific to the Insights application
- You will work closely with the Helio Platform teams to build out a scalable data service that efficiently delivers data from our S3 data lake to external applications
- You will develop and build the back-end components of the Insights web application, including user tracking and performant APIs that compute data analyses on-demand
- You will work as a member of the Insights team in a fast-paced Build-Test-Iterate cycle, in order to quickly meet both technical and customer needs
- You will design and implement tools to track and understand success metrics for the Insights product
- 3+ years experience as a Full-Stack Software Engineer or similar role
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field
- Strong communication skills collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, data and ML engineers, data scientists, and business teams
- Excellent software engineering skills and strong fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, system design, and big data concepts
- Familiarity with big data tools and concepts, particularly Spark and Pandas
- A self-starter, comfortable making architectural decisions as one of the first engineers on a new team
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read! Even if you feel that you don't meet all of the requirements and qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to speak with those who share our passion to help entrepreneurs thrive - not just those who match every bullet point in our job descriptions.
CircleUp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage those who really want to make an impact to apply for our open positions.
All Open Positions
San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a General Counsel to head all of CircleUp's Legal and Compliance efforts
Software Engineer, Data Pipelines
San Francisco, CA
Building, maintaining and optimizing our data pipelines within Helio. You will work closely with our Data Science and Engineering teams to implement performance improvements and engineering best practices.