Helio Insights Lead
CircleUp is a technology company that leverages Helio, its own proprietary data aggregation and machine learning platform. CircleUp is bringing the data-driven revolution that occurred in the public markets to the private markets, starting with consumer & retail. Along with existing high-performing equity and credit funds, we are launching a brand new SaaS business for external customers, enabling better decision-making for investors, companies, retailers, and more. CircleUp’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive by giving them the capital and resources they need. By providing access to our insights externally, we plan to exponentially increase our impact on entrepreneurs.
CircleUp was recently honored as one of Fast Company's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Data Science and has been named a CB Insights FinTech 250, a Top 5 Most Disruptive Company in Finance by CNBC, and to the Forbes FinTech 50. Founded in 2012, CircleUp is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Union Square Ventures, GV, Canaan Partners, QED Advisors, and others.
About the role
We are seeking a Helio Insights Lead for a full-time position on the Helio Team. This person will work closely with the Commercialization Manager and General Manager of Helio as well as the product & technical team to commercialize our data platform, Helio. This includes owning customer project delivery, working with the product team to build a SaaS platform, and supporting business development to win new business. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented, data-driven, collaborative, and eager to tackle ambiguous problems. The role will be extremely fast paced and is likely to change day by day.
- Leverage Helio data to generate sourcing, diligence, and growth strategy analysis for leading investors, advisors, and operators within CPG industry
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a project team that will span data scientists, engineers, and product managers; expect to have at least one direct report when you start
- Collect and analyze customer feedback on Helio data and analysis and translate into actionable product learnings for the product development team
- Work directly with the product team, software engineers, and data scientists to build a scalable customer facing data platform
- Support the business development team by helping define customer use cases, leading product demos, and scoping and pricing customer engagements
- Drive cross-functional alignment and coordination among teams to stand up strategic projects with customer-focused business outcomes
Ideal Experience (not all required)
- Experience managing a direct report and leading a workstream
- Experience working with team members across multiple disciplines (e.g., product, engineering, data scientists, etc.)
- Strong product and/or project management skills with an ability to identify problems and opportunities and take strategic or operational ideas from conception to launch
- Strong relationship management skills. Proven ability to work with and influence a diversity of stakeholders at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and think strategically about trade-offs and prioritization of projects
- A strong sense of hustle. Energized when making sense of chaos and handling urgent matters
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with experience creating executive-level presentations
- Ability to process information quickly, think analytically, and apply structure / frameworks to unstructured problems
- Dedication to metrics, operational efficiency, and process
- Familiarity with private investing, machine learning technology, CPG and/or SaaS industries, and SQL a plus
- Strong growth mindset and deep desire to grow both personally and professionally
- Proactive and organized self-starter who runs through walls to solve complex problems
- Exceptional integrity, highly intelligent and strong work ethic
- High degree of maturity and discretion, with ability to handle sensitive information
- The humility to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Passion for data-driven decision-making and creating impact at scale
- Persistence typically associated with being a founder. This trait will not only serve you well in building CircleUp but also in interacting with the founders we are here to serve
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read! Even if you feel that you don't meet all of the requirements and qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to speak with those who share our passion to help entrepreneurs thrive - not just those who match every bullet point in our job descriptions.
CircleUp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage those who really want to make an impact to apply for our open positions.
All Open Positions
Principal Product Manager
We are looking for an entrepreneurial product leader to manage and own the evolution of our new SaaS based product. We’re looking for someone who thrives on solving hard ambiguous problems, and gets energized about the idea of disrupting an entire industry.
Senior Product Manager
Seeking a Product leader to help us scale our mission by disrupting how credit lending operates. We use data and insights previously unavailable in private markets to accelerate the pace of our lending deployment.
Helio Insights Lead
The Helio Insights Lead work closely with the Commercialization Manager and General Manager of Helio as well as the product & technical team to commercialize our data platform, Helio
Lead Data Quality Engineer
The Lead Data Quality Engineer will define, implement, and document CircleUp’s test strategy and best practices, including working closely with developers to write test cases for all new features
Credit Business Operations and Strategy Manager
Remote - SF Preferred
The Credit Business Operations and Strategy Manager who will own strategic projects and operations across the entire CircleUp Credit team.
Senior Staff Data Engineer
We are seeking a senior software engineer with data engineering experience to help develop the tools and applications needed to bring the data-driven revolution that has occurred in the public markets to the private markets.
Engagement Manager - Helio
San Francisco, CA
We are seeking an Engagement Manager to work directly with the General Manager of Helio and the product team to commercialize our investing platform, Helio.
Strategy Operations Director
San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a Strategy Operations Director to accelerate our velocity of strategic decision-making and uplevel our standards for operational excellence.
Head of Business Development & Partnerships, Insights
Remote / San Francisco
We are seeking our first sales hire for our new business unit, Insights. Come build something from the ground up!