Open Position: Senior Data Scientist
CircleUp is an online marketplace for private investing. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive by giving them the resources and capital they need. We also provide investors access to a highly-curated set of investment opportunities and help those investors connect with the companies that meet their investment goals.
We are working on challenging problems in information retrieval and being able to develop an in-depth knowledge graph of all private companies. We are mining vast amounts of data to successfully rewrite the rules on how private companies are evaluated. You can find more information on what we are building in the blog post below
We are looking for a data scientist who will be responsible for a variety of different projects, including data collection, data analysis, and algorithm development. You will be working closely with engineers, product managers, and business development to move our data infrastructure forward. Prior experience with economic research is a big plus.
- Collect structured and unstructured data on private companies
- Be able to build, clean and analyze new and existing data pipelines
- Build end to end algorithms for assessing early stage consumer companies for growth equity investments
- Build causal and interpretable models
- Build reproducible backtests for proposed models / algorithms
- Work cross functionally with key stakeholders in engineering, product, and business development to help decide & prioritize what to build
- Come up with creative ways to find and use data that significantly impacts our key business metrics
- Degree (B.S/ M.S./Phd) preferably in statistics, computer science, engineering, physical sciences, economics or related technical field
- Strong background in Economics or economic research is a big plus
- Prior experience as a quantitate researcher at a quantitative investment firm/hedge fund is a big plus
- Excellent communication skills – Must be able to articulate their analysis and methodologies clearly and communicate insights in an easily accessible way to the team
- Must be excited about working in a fast and changing environment where solutions have not been already defined
- Ability to write code in at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Experience with machine learning
- Passion to have an impact outside of Silicon Valley on the world around us
- Unassailable integrity
- Huge horsepower and ability to solve difficult problems
- Strong work ethic and courage to overcome meaningful obstacles
We are seeking a Credit Officer to help lead credit decisioning for CircleUp Credit’s lending program. We are looking for someone who excels in a fast-paced environment with the creativity and resiliency to deliver results and solve ambiguous problems. This role is for a seasoned asset-based underwriter who is passionate about building an innovative credit solution for early-stage consumer product businesses.
We are seeking a Business Development Representative to help drive CircleUp Credit’s new lending product. We are looking for someone who excels in a fast-paced environment with the creativity and resiliency to deliver results and solve ambiguous problems. The ideal candidate will be excited at the prospect of defining the Business Development role with us, as we build out this brand new business unit.
We are growing, and looking for a leader to make sure our financial systems grow with us. This role will oversee core Corporate Accounting and Fund Administration work. It is a new role that will work closely with our COO, Head of Finance and other senior leaders across the organization to oversee key financial, accounting and reporting task.
We are looking for a data scientist who will be responsible for a variety of different projects, including data collection, data analysis, and algorithm development. Prior experience with economic research is a big plus.
With a background in both software development and machine learning, you will collaborate with software engineers, data scientists, PMs, and domain experts in consumer investing to develop & ship predictive data products in support of CircleUp's mission - helping entrepreneurs thrive by connecting them with the capital & resources they need.
Duties: Use data science techniques to draw statistically valid inferences from experimental datasets in order to inform product decision making. Implement, optimize, and productionalize predictive machine learning models. Utilize Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques for product development or data analysis. Conduct analysis of relational datasets using SQL and other industry-standard data analysis tools. Implement server-side application logic in Python. Requires: Min. Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related or ...
We are looking for a senior data engineer who can help us scale our machine learning data pipeline. We currently lean heavily on technologies like Python, Postgres, and Apache Spark, but this role will have substantial influence over our technical architecture moving forward so anything is on the table.