Open Position: Senior Data Scientist
CircleUp is an online marketplace for private investing. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive by giving them the resources and capital they need. We also provide investors access to a highly-curated set of investment opportunities and help those investors connect with the companies that meet their investment goals.
We are working on challenging problems in information retrieval and being able to develop an in-depth knowledge graph of all private companies. We are mining vast amounts of data to successfully rewrite the rules on how private companies are evaluated. You can find more information on what we are building in the blog post below
We are looking for a data scientist who will be responsible for a variety of different projects, including data collection, data analysis, and algorithm development. You will be working closely with engineers, product managers, and business development to move our data infrastructure forward. Prior experience with economic research is a big plus.
- Collect structured and unstructured data on private companies
- Be able to build, clean and analyze new and existing data pipelines
- Build end to end algorithms for assessing early stage consumer companies for growth equity investments
- Build causal and interpretable models
- Build reproducible backtests for proposed models / algorithms
- Work cross functionally with key stakeholders in engineering, product, and business development to help decide & prioritize what to build
- Come up with creative ways to find and use data that significantly impacts our key business metrics
- Degree (B.S/ M.S./Phd) preferably in statistics, computer science, engineering, physical sciences, economics or related technical field
- Strong background in Economics or economic research is a big plus
- Prior experience as a quantitate researcher at a quantitative investment firm/hedge fund is a big plus
- Excellent communication skills – Must be able to articulate their analysis and methodologies clearly and communicate insights in an easily accessible way to the team
- Must be excited about working in a fast and changing environment where solutions have not been already defined
- Ability to write code in at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Experience with machine learning
- Passion to have an impact outside of Silicon Valley on the world around us
- Unassailable integrity
- Huge horsepower and ability to solve difficult problems
- Strong work ethic and courage to overcome meaningful obstacles
We are looking for a data scientist who will be responsible for a variety of different projects, including data collection, data analysis, and algorithm development. Prior experience with economic research is a big plus.
Our Business Operations team provides the connective tissue in the organization – bridging between our product, data science and engineering leadership and the business units that use our technology to build the future of private market investing. At CircleUp, we are using technology to redefine the investing process for Private Equity & Credit markets. By both understanding this technology deeply and working hand-in-hand with our businesses, Business Operations plays a critical role in designing, implementing and improving how our businesses operate and succeed. ...
Position Available: CircleUp (www.circleup.com) is seeking to add one General Partner to be a senior leader of the CircleUp Growth Partners discretionary investment fund team in San Francisco, CA. CircleUp Growth Partners is a $125 million fund that is backed by several top tier institutional limited partners and employs a strategy to invest in emerging CPG and Retail companies by leveraging CircleUp’s proprietary data science and machine learning technology, Helio.
With a background in both software development and machine learning, you will collaborate with software engineers, data scientists, PMs, and domain experts in consumer investing to develop & ship predictive data products in support of CircleUp's mission - helping entrepreneurs thrive by connecting them with the capital & resources they need.
We are looking for a senior data engineer who can help us scale a complex machine learning data pipeline. We currently lean heavily on technologies like Python, Spark, Dask, and Airflow. We're looking for passionate software engineers who are comfortable working across the full stack & lifecycle of predictive data products.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with strong business acumen to be the primary technical arm of our internal business teams (Credit, Fund, and Marketplace). You’ll be responsible for scoping and building the tools that allow our teams to succeed on a day-to-day basis. You will have ownership over a large portion of our tooling, and the ability to influence the roadmap of what we’re building.
CircleUp finds and collect data from various sources and in various formats (both structured and unstructured). We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us build the tooling necessary to collect the data that powers the “Helio” platform.
We are seeking an Operations Analyst to help drive CircleUp Credit’s lending product. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who excels in a fast-paced environment with the creativity and resiliency to deliver results and solve ambiguous problems. The ideal candidate will be excited at the prospect of being part of a growing team focused on using data-driven technology to help entrepreneurs thrive.