Happy National Entrepreneur Day! It’s a day to celebrate the innovators and idea makers. At CircleUp, our Inner Circle is a community for consumer brand entrepreneurs to learn, grow, and connect. A common interest among our consumer brand founders is the important role that books and podcasts have played in their evolution as entrepreneurs. Below are the top selections that influenced, supported and inspired their journeys.
10 Books Inner Circle Entrepreneurs Recommend:
1. Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman | Recommendation from Ryan Ayotte, Founder, Ohza
2. Mindset by Carol Dweck | Recommendation from Will Nitze, Founder, IQBAR
3. The Lean Startup by Eric Ries | Recommendation from Anika Janelle Pettiford, Founder, Janelle Beauty
4. The Obstacle Is The Way by Ryan Holiday | Recommendation from Hugh Thomas, Founder, Ugly
5. The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor | Recommendation from Josh Reding, Founder, Maker Bars
6. Originals by Adam Grant | Recommendation from Monica Salhotra, Founder, Do Anything Foods
7. Mission in a Bottle by Seth Goldman and Barry Nalebuff | Recommendation from Nicole Doucet, Founder, Open Water
8. Hustle Harder, Hustle Smarter by Curtis Jackson, “50 Cent” | Recommendation from Danielle Vincent, Founder, Outlaw Soaps
9. Shoe Dog by Phil Knight | Recommendation from Brad Baum, Founder, Llama Naturals
10. Shortcut Your Startup by Courtney Reum and Carter Milliken Reum | Recommendation from Carl Starkey, Founder, AWSM Sauce
5 Podcasts Inner Circle Entrepreneurs Recommend:
1. Christopher Lochhead Follow Your Different | Recommendation from Josh Otero, Founder, NutriGMR
- Christopher Lochhead Follow Your Different™ Podcast is a celebration of people, ideas and companies that stand out.
2. Evolve CPG | Recommendation from Morgan Rider, Founder, Thriving Design
- The Evolve CPG Show features innovative leaders building the Better Products and Better Brands that are evolving the Consumer Packaged Goods industry and building a Better World.
3. How I Built This | Recommendation from Jen Yu, Founder, Jaxon Lane, Steven Friedman, Founder, Bedrock Bakers, and Renee Dunn, Founder, Amazi
4. Business of the Beat | Recommendation from Makeba Lloyd, Founder, Butter By Keba
- Business of the Beat is an innovative podcast for the next generation of multicultural beauty and wellness leaders hosted by Kendra Bracken-Ferguson.
5. Pilothouse | Recommendation from Kun Yang, Founder, Pricklee
- Weekly roundups on agency strategy, Hot Seat interviews with amazing ecommerce brands, and other valuable insights Pilothouse finds along the way.